Outstanding Academic Achievement
The results obtained by our Years 11 and 12 students in the 2013 TCE examinations were, again, outstanding. Congratulations girls. The most pleasing feature was the strength of the overall performance of the group, with 64% of the girls achieving Australian Tertiary Assessment Ranking (ATAR) in the top 15% of the nation. The ATAR is the scale used nationally by universities to offer places to students and is basically a percentile ranking of students within the cohort of Year 12 students across the country.
• 94% of students were successful in gaining ATARs. This means that Fahan School still has the highest percentage of students gaining ATARs of any school in the State over the last seven years.
• Median score 87.5
• 42% of students with ATAR above 90.
• 64% of students with ATAR above 85.
• Top student Helen Browne achieved a 99.5. Helen was presented with a TQA award by the Governor at a ceremony at Government House on Wednesday 5 February.
• Seven Year 11 students with carry-over scores of 40+
On Tuesday 11 February, the Year 12 girls from 2013 who achieved enter scores over 95, placing them in the top 5% of the nation, were invited to an Honours’ Assembly at the School, to be presented with plaques in recognition of their efforts. Congratulations are extended to Helen Browne, Emma Skalicky, Bethany Cook, Rose Burbury, Isabel Goodfellow, Ellie Law and Ellie Eastoe.
In 2013, Fahan School was also ranked as the top school in the State for the second consecutive year by The Australian.
Congratulations to all Fahan girls for their exceptional achievements in 2013 and we welcome all students, parents and staff back for what we hope will be another outstanding year of achievement.